The new features in iOS 15 build on the strong foundation that iMessage and FaceTime have already set up. You’ve seen the green “Join” button on iMessage, but you don’t know what it does.
The green “Join” button is a new feature in iMessage that lets you add people to group chats or more quickly and easily. Discover more about it in the next article.
What does iMessage’s green “Join” button mean?
When you see the green join button on iMessage, you can join a group chat. iMessage has a feature called “group chat” that lets you talk to more than one person at the same time.
When you see the green “Join” button, it means that someone in the chat has asked you to join the conversation. Once you accept the invitation, you will be added to the group chat and will be able to take part in the conversation.
Anyone who receives an invitation to a group chat but doesn’t wish to participate should just disregard it to avoid being included to the group.
The “Quit Chat” option allows you to leave a group conversation at any moment. Group chat is a great way to stay in touch with far-away friends and family. It’s also a great way to meet people who like the same things you do.
How do I use the green button to join?
- Choose “Messages” from the iPhone‘s Settings menu.
- If it’s not already on, select the “iMessage” switch to turn it on.
- Select “Send & Receive” in the Messages menu.
- Make sure that “You can be reached by iMessage at” is set to your phone number and Apple ID.
- Tap “Add Another Email…” and enter your Apple ID email address in the pop-up window that appears.
- Make sure that “Start new conversations from” is set to the new email address.
- To save your changes, tap the “Done” button. Now, when you start a new conversation in the Messages app, you’ll see a green “Join” button in the upper right corner.
- Tap this button to add someone to the conversation. When you tap either of these two options, audio call and video call will appear.
- All done! Now you know how to use the green “Join” button in the Messages app to start audio and video calls with the people you care about.
- If the green “Join” button doesn’t show up, make sure that everyone in the conversation has iMessage turned on.
- You should also make sure that your phone number is chosen in the Settings app under “You can be reached by iMessage at.”
- If you’re still having problems, you can try restarting your iPhone or resetting your network settings.
One Last Thing
The green join button in iMessage is a great way to start audio and video calls with your favourite people.
You can also use this button to add or remove people from a group chat. It’s a very easy way to use iMessage, so we suggest you do it.
How to start an iMessage group chat
Tap the “New Message” icon and then tap the “Add Contact” icon to start a group chat on iMessage. Type the names of the people you want to chat with, then tap “Create.”
What are the different ways you can leave an iMessage group chat?
On iMessage, there are two ways to leave a group chat. The first way is to tap the “Leave Chat” button in the upper left corner of the screen. The second way is to choose “Leave Chat” from the “Settings” menu.
Can I take someone out of an iMessage group chat by clicking the green join button?
Using the green join button in an iMessage group chat, you can remove people from the chat. To do this, just tap the button and then choose “Remove from Group Chat.”
How do I delete an iMessage group chat?
Go to the “Settings” menu on iMessage and then choose “Delete Chat” to get rid of a group chat. Then you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to get rid of the chat.
Is there anything else I should know about iMessage’s green “Join” button?
If you want to change how a group chat works, you can click on the green button that says “Join” and then choose the option to change the group chat’s settings. You should know a few things about the green “Join” button on iMessage, and you can use this information to make your group chats more fun.